UK Netbook Comparison in What Mobile magazine Samsung NC10 comes out on top…yet again!
For those of you out there looking to purchase Netbooks for you schools in the new financial year a useful resource might be the April edition of What Mobile magazine which is out now. A few weeks ago I covered Netbooks in great details so if you need to get up to speed you can with the following posts:
- The best netbook for education?
- Netbook prices falling, specs rising?
- 8 Netbooks for Education to consider
- Samsung NC20. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
- The Netbook and why it is not a UMPC but the greatest change in computing…
- The 3 coming changes in netbook technology
The post I ran on 8 netbooks for education to consider was based on US availability, prices and specs as these were more easily available online. Now that What Mobile have run an article it makes sense to quote UK prices.
One interesting observation is almost all the netbooks reviewed in this article had 3 cell batteries and every one on Amazon US had a 6 cell battery. In terms of prices and specs the numbers in £ and score in stars (out of 5) are as follows in the running order:
- Asus S101 £440 (high end model) 4 stars
- Acer Aspire One A150 £280 4 stars
- MSI Wind U100 £269 4 stars
- Advent 4213 £280 3 stars
- Toshiba NB100 £260 4 stars
- HP 2140 £379 4 stars
- Samsung NC10 £292 5 stars
- LG X110 £295 4 stars
- Dell Inspiron Mini 10 £299 4 stars
- Lenovo Ideapad S10 £260 3 stars
In all the Lenovo and Advent appear to be bringing up the field with most of the netbooks comparing fairly against each other. Yet again the Samsung NC10 stands out as the clear winner with a full 5 stars. The article spans 5 pages with quite a lot of detail on each Netbook and is well worth reading.